Become a member today!
If your school requires an invoice to generate payment, the Secretariat can send an invoice upon receipt of the completed 2018 membership renewal form.
For members completing the membership form including the credit card details, the Secretariat will send a ‘paid’ invoice after processing the payment.
QSLA membership runs from January to December.
Membership can be paid anytime between now and 28 February 2018.
NB: Pro-rata rates are available for joining mid-year, please contact the Secretariat for further information.
QSLA membership offers unique partnership and professional development opportunities, beneficial to individuals and their communities.
Through QLSA, members can directly engage in the initiation and development of professional learning activities.
QSLA also offer members unique opportunities to collaborate with their peers and other professional associations within the community. Such collaboration may foster and strengthen relationships amongst Queensland teacher-librarians and assist members to further their careers and help develop their school communities.
Membership is available at personal, school and corporate levels and all members are entitled to:
- Reduced fees for small schools and personal memberships
- State organised quality professional development with recognised Australian and overseas speakers
- Member discounted rates for QSLA run professional development and affiliated associations
- Access to the QSLA website which houses a range of resources for teacher-librarians and school library staff, including the “members only” section
- Four editions of the QSLA newsletter, this print publication is mailed to all QSLA member schools
- Advocacy and representation on a state and national level with education and related bodies
- Access to supportive regional networks
- School nomination for the Brian Bahnisch Award
- Member nomination for the QSLA Citation Award
- Member nomination for the Queensland Teacher-Librarian Award
- School and corporate membership entitles two members of staff to attend professional development activities run by the association or its subcommittees at the member rate. The participants are not required to be teacher-librarians.
Annual membership rates (membership operates on a calendar year basis):
Institutional (<200 students)* $75.00
Institutional (<500 students)* $145.00
Institutional (<1000 students)* $190.00
Institutional (>1000 students)* $250.00
Multiple Libraries (2 or more)** $300.00
Personal Membership $110.00
School Officer / Teacher Aide $75.00
Fulltime Student / Retired $75.00
Corporate membership $400.00
*School membership provides discounted rate for 2 persons to any QSLA professional learning
**Multiple Library membership provides a copy of the newsletter and other publications for each library