Effective partnerships help to establish and develop teacher-librarians as professionals within the Queensland education sector. QSLA has initiated and supported numerous partnerships to establish teacher-librarians within Queensland education, ensuring they are seen as the professional teachers and vital assets they are within the school community. By working with stakeholders such as Education Queensland, the Catholic Education Office, teachers, principals, networks of teacher-librarian colleagues, library aides, student assistants and parents, QSLA and its members have worked to benefit learning outcomes for Queensland students and professional development for Queensland teacher-librarians.
QSLA currently fosters partnerships with the following organisations:
- Eduwebinar Pty Ltd - as a QSLA member, you will receive a 20% discount on the registration fee for each webinar listed on the webinars page https://eduwebinar.com.au/webinars/
- Joint Council of Queensland Teachers Association (JCQTA)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT) - advisory course committee for courses in teacher-librarianship
- QUT - QSLA/QUT collaborative research project, The influence of school libraries and teacher-librarians on students’ literacy development in Queensland schools (in progress)
- The Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) - Creating Future Libraries Group