A biennial award to recognise an outstanding contribution to the wider field of teacher-librarianship
2016: UQL Cyberschool Team: Julie Oates, Diane Nibbs, Nicole Slinger & Marg Sloan-McDonald
2014: Jennifer King
2012: Mary-Ann Salisbury
The criteria for selection is for outstanding service to teacher-librarianship in Queensland over a significant period of time and may include any of the following, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Raising the profile of teacher-librarianship
- Administration of the association
- Services on a national level
Nature of the award
Recipients will receive an individual plaque.
Process and conditions of acceptance
- The award is made biennially, in the state conference year
- QSLA members will receive a call for nominations advice by email and be advised of the closing date
- The successful recipient will be advised prior to the announcement to enable adequate notice to attend the conference where the award will be announced
- The recipient's travel and one night's accommodation expenses will be paid by QSLA if required.
The selection of the winner rests solely with the Awards Committee.
The Award Committee will consist of a minimum of three and a maximum of five people drawn from the following:
- QSLA awards co-ordinator
- QSLA president
- QSLA members co-opted by the president who are either past QSLA citation recipients or have recognition in the field
If no nomination sufficiently meets the criteria to be deemed worthy of the award, the award may be held in abeyance.
Any current financial member of QSLA may make nominations.