An annual award to encourage an exceptional school teacher-librarian and recognise an outstanding contribution to teacher-librarianship.
2017: Cathy Oxley, Brisbane Grammar School
2016: Debra McGhee, St Teresa’s Catholic College
2016: Narelle Keen, Pacific Lutheran College
2015: Megan Daley, St Aidan's Anglican Girls' School
2014: Anne Weaver, All Hallows' School
2013: Elizabeth Jorgensen, Hambledon State School
An applicant must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a teacher-librarian and be a financial member of QSLA by virtue of personal or school membership.
Applicants should demonstrate achievements in the following areas:
- Exemplary contribution to teaching and learning in their school
- Innovative practice
- Advocacy for the teacher-librarian profession
Nature of the award
Recipients will receive an individual certificate.
Process and conditions of acceptance
- The award is made annually
- QSLA members will receive a call for nominations advice by email and be advised of the closing date
- The successful recipient will be advised prior to the announcement to enable adequate notice to attend the venue where the award will be announced.
The selection of the winner rests solely with the Award Committee. The final selection may be validated by a visit from at least one member of the committee.
The Award Committee will consist of a minimum of three and a maximum of five members drawn from the following:
- QSLA awards co-ordinator
- QSLA president
- QSLA member co-opted by the president who is either a past recipient or who has recognition in the field
- principals representing different levels of education
- a representative from a tertiary institution
- a representative from a related professional association
If no nomination sufficiently meets the criteria to be deemed worthy of the award, the award may be held in abeyance.
Any current financial member of QSLA may make nominations.